Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slip 'n Slide



There is nothing better than a slip 'n slide when it is 100+ degrees outside and the boys are going stir crazy in the house.  How I never thought of purchasing one before this summer is beyond me.  It requires significantly less set up time than a pool and the fun lasts much longer. The boys could play in the water for hours, pausing only to drink lemonade and request that I take more pictures.


Wesley is Zach's biggest fan, applauding his every antic and laughing in response to his enthusiastic shouts.  Based on Wesley's cheering, one might think that Zach has the best moves ever seen on the slick plastic runway.


The big boys run back and forth, making up their own games and enjoying each other's company.


Meanwhile, I have my sweet little companion as well, who is happy to sit next to me on the towel, play with his toys, and watch his brothers.



His eyes sparkle as they run past him on their way to new adventures.  It is only a matter of time before he leaves the safety of the towel to join them.


There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon
Waking to the sunlight, being cradled by the moon
Catching fireflies at night, building castles in the sand
Kissing mama's face goodnight and holding Daddy's hand
Thank you, Lord, how could I ask for more?
"How Could I Ask for More?" - Cindy Morgan


3 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like a ton of fun...i love those days just hanging out with your kids and watching them enjoy moments like this together! This heat has been crazy too...so water fun is the best! You are so right too...only a matter of time before that little guy is running with his big brothers! :)

sarah k said...

What fun! I have been wondering if my kids would like one of those. But I thought they might be scared of water in their faces.
I love the shots of all those happy grins!

Rochelle said...

That is one afternoon full of fun, giggling boys and one blessed mama!