Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Valentine


With the flu raging through our house this week, our Valentine's Day was not what I would have hoped.  Instead of enjoying special time together, we closely monitored temperatures, held boys in our arms, comforted them, and doled out large quantities of medicine.

Instead of taking me out for a night on the town, my Valentine gave me a precious and beautiful gift.  His gift was a gift of love and sacrifice.  As our romantic plans crumbled, my hubby lovingly offered to stay home with our boys tonight so that I could enjoy his exquisitely planned date, even though he would not be able to share it with me.  So tonight, while my husband lives out true love for me, I will enjoy the Broadway musical Les Miserables with a dear friend.

God truly has blessed me with a husband who loves me as himself.

"I am my beloved's and he is mine....His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable.  This is my beloved and this is my friend."  Song of Solomon


5 comments:

andreajennine said...

Aww. I'm sorry you and Mike don't get to enjoy the date together, but what a sweet tribute to a sweet act from your husband. (Enjoy the show!)

sarah k said...

How sweet of him! I'm so sorry you don't get to go together, though. :( But have fun! I want to see that again sometime--and James needs to go again since he slept through it the first time, poor tired man!

Sorry the sickness has spread. I have been wondering about how the boys were doing, and praying for health for all of you and for your heart to be strengthened against fear and anxiety.

Katie said...

So encouraging to hear of God's love at work through Mike. What a sweet picture of the selfless love of Christ!

Rochelle said...

Bummer on the flu, hope the boys are bouncing back in no time. Yeah for hubby, that is awesome!

Ilisa Ailts said...

:( Our plans failed too! What a good guy! I hope you're all feeling better now. That and strep seem to be making their rounds.