Monday, January 10, 2011

School


After much anticipation, today was Zach's first day of preschool. He was so excited that he couldn't wait to get up this morning... literally!  He had his clothes all set out last night and was up and getting ready before 7 a.m.  (Normally we encourage him to stay in bed until 7, but today was a special occasion.)

On the way out the door, his smile was a mile wide as we grabbed his Lightning McQueen backpack and his lunch box.  He also made sure to bring the picture he colored for his teacher and the homemade envelope he had taped together to put it in.

Upon arriving at school, he was excited to find a coat hook especially for him.  It even had his name above it.  He proudly hung his coat up and then did a little dance in the hallway as I talked with his teacher.  She was so welcoming to Zach, and within two minutes she had him talking her ear off.

When I arrived to pick him up, I saw him laughing with the other boys at the lunch room table.  Then, when he saw me, his whole face brightened up.  He couldn't wait to finish lunch and show me the activities he had completed and the treat his teacher left in his cubby for him.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him this afternoon as he explained in great detail the instructions his teacher gave him for each activity and how he followed them.  He took the time to show me how on one of his papers he wrote his own name, because he told his teacher she didn't need to write it for him since he could write it himself.  Pacing back and forth in the kitchen, he spoke animatedly about the toys he played with and the  conversations he had with other kids in his class.

It was such a joy for me to watch my son have an amazing first day at school.  Thank you Lord for providing Zach with such a wonderful teacher and class.


5 comments:

Ilisa Ailts said...

What a neat experience to have your child's first day of school. I love that he said he can write his name, so no one needs to do that for him!

andreajennine said...

So sweet! I love Zach's enthusiasm.

Katie said...

Oh friend! The Lord answered SO many of your prayers beyond what you would have even hoped. How faithful He is!

sarah k said...

What a great first day! I'm so glad for Zach!

Rochelle said...

Yeah, happy first day Zach! Hope all your days are filled with awesome and educational fun!