Monday, February 27, 2012

Restoration



Joy.


Healing.


Wholeness.


Restoration.

My heavenly Father has walked with me through the waters and through the fire, and is now restoring to me the years that the locust has eaten.

My God has dealt wondrously with me.  He has filled my quiver with three precious blessings. He has hemmed Wesley in, behind and before, with two brothers to love and protect him.

My Shepherd has restored my soul.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever! (Ps. 23:6)

“Be glad, O children of Zion,
and rejoice in the Lord your God,
for he has given the early rain for your vindication;
he has poured down for you abundant rain,
the early and the latter rain, as before.
The threshing floors shall be full of grain;
the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
I will restore to you the years
that the swarming locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
my great army, which I sent among you.
You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
and praise the name of the Lord your God,
who has dealt wondrously with you.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.
You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel,
and that I am the Lord your God and there is none else.
And my people shall never again be put to shame."
Joel 2:23-27


3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh my he is growing like a weed. So cute!

Patty said...

Elisabeth...God knew I needed to read this today. He knew my heart needed to be reminded of his great love. And oh what promises this passage holds....as I still walk through the valley, I KNOW God will restore what the enemy has stolen. And I know that God has dealt generously with me, but I sure needed to be reminded of that precious truth today.
Liam is so beautiful...I've not seen him much, so I so enjoy the pictures. I am so thankful for Gods kindness towards you, and I am thankful that he is using Liam to restore you and to remind you of his faithfulness.
Ithank you for sharing your heart....in return, you blessed mine.

Ilisa Ailts said...

Wow your boys all look alike!