Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boy's Best Friend


Today I learned something new about Wesley.  He LOVES dogs!  I had always suspected that he might enjoy having a dog of his own someday, but today I had the joy of watching his complete and utter delight as he played with a friend's dog.

As soon as he saw the dog, Wesley made a beeline for him, waving his arms and smiling. Despite not having other contact with dogs, he knew exactly what to do.  He ran over to him and started petting him.  He touched his face and swatted gently at his nose. (Thankfully my friend's dog is wonderful with kids!)  Soon Wesley was chasing him all around the kitchen, army crawling under the table to join him as they rummaged for left-over snacks, and running in circles around him.

When my friend had her dog sit for a while, Wesley loved going right up to him and standing face to face with him.  Then he would reach out and gently pet him on the nose.  It was the most precious thing.

It looks like this non-dog-loving mommy may be getting a dog sooner than she had hoped!


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I have 2 I will give you. LOL Seriously ours are great with our kids too! Can't wait to see the boys with their own puppy!

Angie said...

Fun! You are much more thoughtful that I. When the question even starts being asked in our house, "Can we get a..." There comes a resounding, "NO!" from my mouth ;) Does Mike like dogs?