Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Lord Will Remember



Zach and I enjoyed a special moment together this afternoon.  Out of the blue, he informed me that one of his classmates made fun of his name today.  He did not seem at all fazed by it; he spoke of it as if he were passing along a tidbit of information.  But it gave me the opportunity to share with him the story of how Mommy and Daddy chose his name and how special it is to us.

I explained to Zach that before he was born, Mommy and Daddy had a baby girl, but that she died while she was still in Mommy's tummy.  It was so sweet to see Zach's questioning and concerned look as he asked why she had died.  His innocent question was such a reminder to me that the question of why there is specific pain in the world is a timeless one that will never be understood in full on this earth.

After Grace died, we prayed and prayed that God would give us another baby, and the Lord remembered us.  He heard our prayers and answered our petitions, giving us a precious baby boy.  We named him Zachary, which means "The Lord will remember", or "God has remembered".

Every time I call out Zach's name, I am reminded that the Lord did remember us.  He heard our cries to Him and in His lovingkindness and mercy toward us chose to bless us with another precious child.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him." 
1 Samuel 1:27


1 comment:

andreajennine said...

I remember the loss of your Grace and the coming of your Zach very well. I'm glad you had the chance to share this precious story with him.