Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thirty Years of God's Grace


For my thirtieth birthday, my wonderful husband invited some of our dear friends over to celebrate with us.  Then he surprised me by setting aside time for people to share words of encouragement with me and areas where they see evidence of God's grace in my life.  As many of my friends shared, tears filled my eyes as they reminded me of the many ways that God has been at work in my life and over the past two years in particular.

As they shared, the following verses kept coming to mind:

"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba!  Father!"  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs - heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." Romans 8:15-17

Because I have trusted in Jesus as my Savior, all I have ever known, and all I will ever know, is grace.  There is no reason for me to fear, for my greatest need has been met.  Because of Jesus' death on the cross to pay for my sins, I will never receive condemnation from God. Instead, He has made me his child - a fellow heir with Christ!  And one day, I will be glorified with Jesus and spend eternity in the presence of my risen Savior.


4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Just reading your blog I see how God is molding you and it is truly beautiful. Thankful to call you my bloggy friend.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! Your faith is so inspiring, and I enjoy reading your blog very much. Thank you for always sharing your thoughts.

andreajennine said...

It was such a joy to celebrate with you!

Ilisa Ailts said...

Happy Birthday, Elisabeth! You are an amazing woman!