Sunday, September 5, 2010

Psalm 139:13-16

13 For you created Wesley's inmost being;

you knit him together in my womb.

14 I praise you because Wesley is fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 Wesley's frame was not hidden from you
when he was made in the secret place.
When he was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw Wesley's unformed body.
All the days ordained for him
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


This Psalm has been such a comfort to my soul and a precious promise for me to cling to throughout the months since Wesley was born. God knit Wesley together, and he is fearfully and WONDERFULLY made! Wesley's frame is not hidden from the Lord, and all of his days were ordained before even one of them came to pass.

When I am tempted to fear the future or to worry about when Wesley will learn to walk without falling, talk, sign, or eat solid foods, I can cling to the promise that all of Wesley's milestones have been ordained too. They will come to pass in perfect accordance with God's wonderful plan for Wesley's life.


No comments: