Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Psalm 13:6

"But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me." Psalm 13:6
Lord, please help me to trust in your steadfast love. Even when my circumstances seem to say that you have forgotten me, or that you are not dealing with me according to your love, please turn my eyes back to your Word and help me to believe the promises that I find there. Your steadfast love toward me and toward our family never ceases. You give me new mercy and new grace each morning to walk through the day that you have set out for me. Great is Your faithfulness!

O Lord, may my heart always rejoice in your salvation. Fill me with the joy that comes from knowing that you have provided for my greatest need in sending your Son to pay the penalty for my sins. Romans 8:32 says, "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Since you gave up your Son to provide for my greatest need, how can I not trust in your steadfast love toward me? How can I not trust that you are working all of these things for my eternal good? How can I not believe that you will give me everything that I need as I seek to both care for Wesley and also try to effectively care for Zach, manage my household, and love & serve my husband? Lord, thank you for the promise that your grace is sufficient for me! May I cling to this promise every moment of every day.

Lord, you truly have dealt bountifully with me. Thank you for your abundant grace and mercy and love that you pour out on me each day. Thank you for the two wonderful boys and the wonderful husband that you have given to me. Thank you for the wonderful church that you have placed us in and for all care that we have received from friends at our church since Wesley has been born. Thank you most of all for saving me from my sin and for making me your child. You have blessed me beyond measure. Thank you Lord!


No comments: