Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Love You

Wesley's bus driver smiled at me as I stepped onto the bus, a twinkle in her eyes.

"I have the most exciting thing to tell you", she said.

"After you got off the bus this morning, as you were waving to Wesley, he said 'I love you!'"

My look must have said it all.  Are you sure you really heard him say that?

She smiled as she said, "You know how you say "I love you" to him each morning as you buckle him in?  Well, he said it back."

She's right.  Every morning I say each word to him and he repeats it back to me.  I.  Love.  You.

This morning it all clicked.  As I waved to him, he told me that he loved me.

I only wish I could have heard it with my own ears.


4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Awww, I have tears just reading this. I ♥ it when our girls tell us that. It means SO much!
YAY Wesley!

Cassie said...

♥ this

sarah k said...

Beautiful! I bet you will hear it soon yourself. :)

Ilisa Ailts said...

brings tears to my eyes!