Monday, October 22, 2012

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday we enjoyed a beautiful autumn day, complete with sunshine and warm weather. As Zach quickly learned, with that also came responsibilities!


Daddy and Zach were tasked with a massive job yesterday...raking and bagging up 22 bags of leaves!  And our trees are only half-way through shedding their leaves.  In a couple of weeks my boys will be blessed with the opportunity of doing it all over again.


Upon awakening from their naps, Wesley and Liam joined them outside and enjoyed the fruits of their labor.

Liam loved exploring the sticks and leaves.  Of course, we also spent half of our time digging leaves out of his mouth.  Why is it that leaves are so delicious to a child who refuses to eat food?

I assumed Liam would not be a fan of the the poky leaf pile.  Boy was I wrong.  He was right in his element, giggling with delight.

Then he was off to investigate the rest of the yard.

My boys humored me by posing for pictures.  Wesley was not thrilled with the leaf experience, but he joined his brothers for the pictures.  I'm still looking forward to the day when all three boys look at the camera and smile at the same time!




4 comments:

Angie said...

Love all the pictures! And WOW 22 bags? That's insane!

As for looking forward to the day when all three boys will look at the camera and smile at the same time, I've given up hope for that EVER happening in our house...I hope it comes for you soon :)

sarah k said...

I love these pictures! Especially the one of Zach and Liam...and Zach with the leaf blower is pretty awesome, too! And I think that is a darn good picture of three little boys!

sarah k said...

I love these pictures! Especially the one of Zach and Liam...and Zach with the leaf blower is pretty awesome, too! And I think that is a darn good picture of three little boys!

Ilisa Ailts said...

Adorable! I bet they slept well that night, too!