Thursday, August 11, 2011

100th Post


I started blogging at the recommendation of a wise woman at my church.  After sharing my struggles with her soon after Wesley's birth, she encouraged me to write down all that the Lord was teaching me so that I would not forget.  She wisely counseled me that I would one day want to look back on the difficult season I was walking through and be encouraged as I recalled God's faithfulness and grace that He was so abundantly pouring out on my life and on our family.

At first I resisted her counsel, since writing has never been something that has come easily to me.  But when I realized that I was already starting to forget things the Lord was showing me, I decided to start this blog.  I must confess I am surprised that despite my busyness and previous struggles with articulating my thoughts on paper, I have managed to maintain this blog for about a year now.  Already I am encouraged and filled anew with joy as I look back at previous posts and am reminded of God's kindness and love toward our family.

Thank you to all my readers for walking alongside me as I learn what it means to trust God and to see His steadfast love toward our family.  I pray that you too have been encouraged and that your faith has been built up when reading this blog.

"But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord because he has dealt bountifully with me."  Psalm 13:5-6


3 comments:

Cassie said...

Congrat's on your 100th post! Having a blog is a great way to keep track of life. I made my 500th post several months ago which I just couldn't believe. I enjoy your blog very much and I'm glad we "found" each other :)

Rochelle said...

It has been a blessing to walk along side you. Happy 100th!

andreajennine said...

Happy 100th post! I love, love, love that you blog.